Studies on Rainfall-Runoff Modeling, 8. Comparison of Models
Mathematical models of(a) rainfall-excess, and (b) runoff are examined in light of appropriate objective functions. A comparison of models reflects on the goodness of one model relative to another. The regions of superiority of one model to another are established which can hopefully serve as a guide in choosing between them.
This report is the last in the sequence of eight on Rainfall-Runoff Modeling. The previous seven reports are:
- Estimation of mean areal rainfall.
- A distributed kinematic wave model of watershed surface runoff.
- Converging overland flow.
- Estimation of parameters of two mathematical models of surface runoff.
- A uniformly nonlinear hydrologic cascade model.
- A statistical analysis of rainfall-runoff relationship.
- A nonlinear hydrologic cascade.
Project No. 3109-206